Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Real Roadie Now!

I had my first bike crash today! Does that qualify me as a real roadie now? I was on my commute home on my fixie and it was starting to rain so I was hurrying avoid getting too wet. Just before a right-hand corner I thought, "I better take these corners slow because the roads are probably slick." As I was taking it "nice and easy" around the corner the bike just went right out from under me like I was on ice! I got a little raspberry on my bum, tore my shoe cover and seat a little, but every thing else was fine. I don't really know why I fell, as I was going slow. Maybe the fresh water on an oily road made that corner super-slick. Or maybe I need to put on my other tires that have stickier rubber on the side-walls for better cornering. Who knows, but I'm glad I did not get hurt worse! It would be funny going into my interview tomorrow with a broken collarbone or wrist. Yea, very funny.

No comments: