Sunday, May 21, 2006

Erie Fair

The Erie Fair was this weekend. It kicked off with a hot air balloon launch at Vista Ridge golf course starting at 6:30 AM. We decided to go this year so got all the kids up a little after 6 and drove to the course. Karis and Corban started out a little tired and grumpy, but soon were too excited to be tired anymore. Karis went running from rainbow balloon to rainbow balloon watching them fill up and take off. They did not have any restrictions on distance from the balloons, so you could touch the fabric, the basket, and get right up close as they filled the balloons. It was really neat.

Jessica and Daniel had spent the night at our house last night, so they went with us to the launch. The girls and I got separated from the Moms and boys, but we found each other without cell phones when the event was over.

Kristen and Jessica decided to go out for breakfast, so I brought the kids home for breakfast and playing. We played until Daniel had to leave, then Corban and I went to Crawdaddy's. They were having a sale, and Corban has been wanting to buy this wooden sword. He's been excited about this sale for two weeks and has been counting down the days. After getting his sword, we went to Walmart to get a new weedeater as well as 3 tomato plants and cages to finish off our garden.

I spent the afternoon whacking off the grass and tending to the garden. We now have 4 squash plants, 3 tomato, and a row of carrots. The squash were planted a week ago and are already starting to poke through the soil. None of the berry bushes survived, so I will probably try to get some of those this summer as well.

No comments: