Thursday, May 11, 2006

Good Door

During the winter, our garage door had problems going all the way to the ground. It would get about 2 feet from the ground, hit some snag then start going up again. You could either get out of the car and help it through that section, or stop the door right when it reversed itself, start it again and it would go all the way down.

One winter day we were all in the car watching the garage door go down. For some reason this time it did not get stuck so Kristen and I started clapping for the door saying, "Good door! Good door!" Kaela, or course, latched on to this an now every time we leave the house and the garage door starts going down she starts clapping enthusiastically. So cute!


Kaela words:
ankik - blanket
cawkee - coffee
bop - stop (She was telling me to "bop!" this morning as I was singing.)
bawbaw - pacifier
No! - no
sisee - Karis
bubu - Corban

This morning I was walking around in my cycling shoes and she gets this awed look on her face as she looks at my shoes and says, "Wow! Too coo!" (too cool). Who's teaching her this stuff anyway? And as I left for work, compassionate Karis says, "Daddy, don't hurt yourself again." referring to my recent bike wreck. That was thoughtful. feedback

No comments: