Saturday, February 04, 2006

Hike/Climb

I took Corban and Karis "hiking" today. We went up to the satellite boulders which is close to the third flatiron. It takes us about 45 minutes to get there, but the kids did no complaining at all. I was very surprised and pleased. They were in an especially cute mood. Karis would ask Corban to hold her hand and they would walk for a ways together. They were also carrying on their own conversation cracking each other up. It was so sweet.

When we got to the climbing area, Corban starting running around to different areas. Of course, Karis wants to go wherever his big brother goes, so he was helping he get around. At one point I heard Karis say, "Corban, if I have to go anywhere will you help me?"

We met another climber at the area named Jesse and Karis started jawing his ear off. When she meets new people that pay her any attention at all she just starts jabbering. That poor guy. I tried to keep calling her back, but she really just wanted to stand at his feet and gab at him. I actually had met Jesse a couple weeks ago and had given him a ride into Boulder. He does not have a car and uses the bus to get around. We eventually started climbing together, then walked out together so I gave him a ride to the bus stop. He was very nice to the kids, even humoring Karis by doing a "celebration dance" when completing a problem. If you've seen my video on climbing in Rocktown, I do a little celebration after completing Mr. Stiffy. She thinks that is funny and wanted Jesse to do it. Well, he did the "celebration dance" for her and you know what that rascal says, "My Daddy did it faster." Sigh. Hard to please.

No comments: