Monday, February 13, 2006

Weekend

This weekend was my Friday off weekend and I enjoyed my 3-day weekend. On Thursday evening, we received our second snow of this winter, but it did not snow much and did not last long. By early afternoon the roads were clear already. I played with the kids in the morning, then Karis and I went out while Corban and Kristen did some school work. Karis and I went looking for new tires for the van and a wide-angle lens for our camcorder. We failed on both errands, but Karis was glad to go because she got to skip her afternoon nap :-).

On Saturday, the two older kids and I went swimming at the Rec center while Kristen ran errands with Kaela. The water was colder than usual, so the "big" slide and the lazy river were not as much fun as usual. They still had a good time though. Afterward, we went to Sam's Club again, as I remembered to take the membership card this time, to buy tires. Ugh! Tires are expensive. I ended up ordering tires, so we still don't have new tires on the van yet.

Sunday afternoon the two older kids and I went climbing and throwing rocks at Carter lake. I got on Gimp again and actually got a little higher even though the rock was not as sticky as two weeks ago. Today was so nice with temps in the mid 50s with no wind today as opposed to low 40s with howling winds two weeks ago. comments

No comments: