Sunday February 22, 2009
We went to church at RMCC for the last time. We were to close on the Loveland house on Wednesday at 1 PM and our move was to happen on Thursday. So, we would be in Loveland by the next weekend and start looking for a new church. We told a bunch of people bye and I said bye to my 3rd grade boys. Corban was starting to get a fever while we were at church, but did not want to leave even though he was not feeling all that great. He made it through the services OK, but rested a lot on Sunday afternoon. At least he got to stay for the entire thing and tell people bye.
Monday February 23, 2009
My boss called me in and told me that they were anticipating letting me go. He said it still was not completely final, but a layoff was a strong possibility and he was letting me know sooner than later because he knew we were trying to buy a house closer to work.
After getting this news, which was close to 1:30 PM, I left work and headed home. We immediately made the decision to get out of buying the house in Loveland, so I started making calls to cancel the loan and have the realtor draft up a document cancelling the purchase. Fortunately, this was the last day we could get out of buying the house and redeem our earnest money. However, we are still waiting to get our earnest money back.
After getting the house purchase cancelled, we started the process of canceling all the utilities, phone, internet, home insurance and submit another forwarding address so our mail would not go to the house in Loveland. We also started trying to find another place to live, since we were still planning on selling our house in Erie on Wednesday at 9 AM.
Tuesday February 24, 2009
I think this was the day we decided to stay at the in-laws house in Maryville, TN instead of renting an apartment. Kristen's mom was flying out today, so Kristen picked her up at the airport while the kids were in school for the last time.
Wednesday February 25, 2009
At 9 AM, we closed on our house in Erie, thereby selling that property. Fortunately, they let us keep possession of the house until 9 AM Saturday, so that gave us some time to get our things moved out. We cancelled our movers that were going to move us to Loveland and, while we were at the closing, our realtor had his secretary do some research on rental trucks, storage facilities, and rental trailers. That was a BIG help as it would just be one less thing for us to do.
After the closing, I went to work while Kristen went back home to continue packing. She worked until 4:30, then took Corban and the kids to a Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub scouts. I met them in Niwot for the banquet. The banquet included a meal, which was helpful to us because we did not have any dishes or food left in the house. After the banquet, we went and picked up the rental truck, then back home for more packing, disassembly of tables, couches, etc.
Thursday February 26, 2009
We spent the entire day moving our stuff into storage in Longmont. Fortunately, we only had to make one trip. Unfortunately, I was only able to get a couple other people to help us move, so there were only 3 of us most of the time. Praise God, though, that I was able to get some help on a Thursday! As we were packing the truck, Kristen was frantically going through boxes we had packed for a move to Loveland trying to pull out everything she would need in TN. I hope we got everything separated properly!
For a brief amount of time, we had 4 people, so we were able to move the piano more easily. The piano did not go into storage, though. It is staying at a friends house.
By the time we started unloading the truck into storage, we were back down to 3. We just finished getting everything into the container as it got dark. We were successfully able to get all our stuff packed into a 20X10 foot storage facility.
I then returned the truck, returned home, and helped Kristen pack up the trailer she would be pulling to TN. She had picked up the trailer while we were finishing up packing the truck.
We spent the night at the home of Kristen's good friend.
Friday February 27, 2009
Kristen, Lana and the kids leave around 8 AM, driving to TN. I went back home to finish cleaning up some remaining items like the computer and my clothes. I had to return our modem to Comcast and take the last remaining items and put them in storage.
I then ran some errands and began looking for a laptop, which I'd be able to use during my job search process. Jeremy came help me get all my stuff, bike, food and clothes over to his house. That is where I am staying now.
Whew!
1 comment:
Sigh! What a wild week! But you survived it and Kristen and the kids are safe and comfortable. Praise the Lord!
Post a Comment