Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Unemployed

Dave called me into his office about 2 PM yesterday. Boy, I dread getting called into his office now! He told me that I was effectively unemployed as of March 2, 2009. They will still pay me and I'll receive benefits through the end of March, but I no longer have to go in to work. So, I started packing up all my stuff, changed my passwords so they could have access to my computer, etc., told everyone bye and left around 5:30PM. 

Today has been spent doing job search related stuff and tax stuff. We apparently lost some tax paperwork during the move wackiness. I've blogged a bit too :). 

Amazingly, I already have an interview scheduled with Lockheed on Thursday at 4 PM. My interview shoes are in TN, so I spent time securing another pair of shoes. How do you answer the question, "What is your permanent address?" I'm having to fill out paperwork before the interview with Lockheed and those type of questions are puzzling me right now. I also am supposed to put in a permanent phone. Well, I don't really have one right now. I need to return my work phone soon and that was my most stable number. When will this craziness ever end?

At least I have an interview, right?

2 comments:

Tuell said...

Thanks for blogging. I was hoping you would provide an update soon! We are praying for successful interviews to come quickly. Let me know if you want to consider places other than Denver (Dallas/Fort Worth??)

Hoosier46 said...

Hang in there, Rho. You've got the best Helper on your side - and LOTS of prayers.