Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Weekend

Friday evening: I had plans to go watch, via like telecast, a satellite get blasted into space, but cancelled the plans at the last minute. A friend of mine that I used to work with at Lockheed had invited my to attend, but his family got sick, so he was not going to be there. One of my main reasons for going was to catch up with him and his family and network job opportunities as well. Hopefully we will be able to get together some time this week over lunch or on a noon-time bike ride.

So, instead of the satellite launch, I rented The Dark Knight and watch it with the Wilcox's. It was an OK movie, I guess. Batman's voice is totally annoying though :).

On Saturday, Jeremy and I took a bike ride up to Jamestown, even though the weather was not going to be all that warm. When we left, it was sunny and the temps were just fine. As we approached Jamestown, though, it started snowing and we rode in the snow about 3 miles to reach our destination. The entire way back into Longmont was entirely freezing, being somewhat wet, cold winds, and riding downhill making it almost unbearable. Thankfully we made it back home with all our digits still attached.

On Sunday, I attended a Career Workshop our church is conducting. It was pretty good, even though I did not get much new out of the class. It is supposed to last 5 weeks and I expect I'll keep attending. It might benefit more as a support group than anything.

After church, Jeremy and I did a little bouldering. Even though it was nice to finally get out climbing again, I am so weak, and pump out so easily it is very frustrating. The sun was out and the temperature warm, so that made for an enjoyable afternoon.

Now, it's back to "seeking new and exciting career opportunities".

No comments: