Did I ever mention the doc's diagnosis on my back? I guess it was only to those in TX.
I finally got to see the back doc on December 23rd. It was a warm, jovial visit between myself and the doc until he said I would need to get surgery. That's when a deathly chill filled the air as I icily stared...ok, I'll stop.
Yes, he said I would need to get the L5 vertebra fused to the S1 bone in order to prevent further instability. Once that is healed (8 weeks), I can resume whatever activities I want. So, it's up to me to decide when I would like the surgery to take place. He said there is no need to do anything until the pain starts affecting my "quality of life".
So, there you have it. Now I just need to decide when it would be best to be unable to climb for 6-8 weeks. Probably the dead of winter I'd guess, but we'll see.
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
3 comments:
wow! That sounds like no fun at all!! Seems to me that doing it now would be good, then you'll be all ready for spring! Seems like we are moving to Grenoble this summer...Daniel thought you'd like to come see us and go climbing!!
Oh, yes! I would LOVE to come. Is he paying?
he's giving you the mountains! isn't that enough??
Post a Comment