We did something fun on Sunday. A family at church had mentioned last year that they gave an animal (water buffalo?) to a needy family for Christmas. I thought that sounded like fun, so we logged onto World Vision's web site to do the same thing. I had already determined an amount I wanted to give, so the kids and I browsed through all the animals selecting what we wanted to give. It was a very comical time of selecting an animal, reading about it, adding it to our shopping cart, repeat, repeat, repeat, discussion, removing an animal, removing another animal, adding another, etc.
During our animal hunt, the comments from the kids were very revealing of their personalities. At one point, we had gone over the amount I had pre-determined by $50. We were trying to decide if this would be OK and these were the comments. Corban was saying, "I wish I had some money. I want to give the chicken/duck combo!" Karis just kept saying, "I want the Llama. I want the Llama." If she wasn't saying anything, she was giving a bored expression because we were taking so long to make a decision. And dear Kaela was bemoaning, "No! We're all going to staaaaaarrrve!" I guess she was thinking that by give $50 extra we would not have any money left. And, or course, they were all talking at the same time so it was quite a time.
We did give a llama, by the way.
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment