Sunday, January 11, 2009

Saturday on the Rope

For the first time in a long time, I did some roped climbing. It was super-fun. The grand day started with my friend Jeremy bringing both of his kids over in the morning to play. After he dropped them off, we left to go climbing at North Table Mountain in Golden. The kids played all morning, then Kristen took them all over to Jeremy's house around 2 to play while she took some "free" time (which she spend buying groceries and cooking).

When we were done climbing, we drove over to Jeremy's house and had dinner with them. It was a nice day, even though it was a little cold climbing. I was hoping to be able to onsight an 11a, but I got too pumped as I got to the roof. So, even though I could make all the moves, I did not have the endurance to finish it off. I guess that is what happens when all of your climbing is bouldering. Maybe I can do some more roped climbing and gain some endurance. Here are a few pictures on our last climb, when the sun finally came out for a while.





This is me at the giant rest on a 10a we climbed. Notice that I had to place traditional gear to get to this point. Fun!










Me at the top, threading the rope though the anchors.

No comments: