Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dreaming on Demand

I have found that I can dream whenever I want, as long as I am asleep, of course. All I have to do is put an extra blanket on me at night. The extra blanket makes me hot and I dream. I've noticed this phenomenon in the past, but this was the first time I experimented with it. I've dreamed the last 4 nights in a row. Sweet! kinda.

While it has been fun to wake up to some strange dreams, it is also exhausting. Often, something traumatic happens to a family member and I wake up disturbed, and of course, hot. Tonight, I'm not going to use the extra blanket so I can, hopefully, get a "good" night of rest. As you can guess, though, it's hard to get "good" rest with Kristen in the bed.

4 comments:

Tuell said...

I'm gonna have to try that! Can you also control your dreams while you're sleeping? Change them if they start going wrong, or if they are too unrealistic?

Groakin said...

I have no control over my dreams, unless I slightly wake up. But if I wake up, my dream becomes more of a daydream and very much less interesting.

For instance, I had a dream that some giant machine had crushed Dad and Mom was sobbing about it. I called out to Dad as I carried Mom to safety, and he answered that he was OK. But then I woke up and I never got to find out what state Dad was really in! Argh! I tried to make up something about a metallic hip ball sticking out the side of his hip, return the sleep and continue the dream, but it just wasn't the same. What a let down!

P.S. Mom cries a lot in my dreams. Weird!

Groakin said...

Corban tried my technique two nights ago by putting an extra blanket on him. I never found out if it worked for him. I'll have to check.

Groakin said...

Corban said the extra blanket did not work for him. He said he did not even get hot.