Sunday, January 08, 2006

Kid Stories

I have a couple cute stories to share. I wish I was better at story-telling and then the stories would be better. . .

While Kristen was cooking brownies this afternoon Karis came in and asked what that smell was. When Kristen replied it was brownies, Karis says, "Oh, like the lady that baked the brownies with the quarters in them." Huh? Apparently there is a show on Arthur where a bunch of quarters get spilled into a pan of brownies. The quarters are lost for a while until Buster eats one of the brownies and a bunch of quarters fall out.

Then, on the way home from small group she asks, "Do parents go to time out?" Kristen told her that parents to not go to time out. If they are bad they go to jail. Corban chimes in and says empatically, "And you DON'T want to go to jail! They have these bars that you are behind." Karis, obviously understanding replies, "Oh, like Sponge Bob Square Pants behind the bars." Once again, huh? I know the little kids watch a movie during our small group, and maybe it is Sponge Bob, but I don't know where she got that from! Funny though.

No comments: