We have an addition to our family! We adopted, well, are sponsoring, a 6 year old girl from India named Radha. She has a Mom and Dad, but lives in the slums of India with her brother and sister, so we are supporting her financially. We are sponsoring her through World Vision, a Christian organization I learned about through our church. The children in our 1st - 4th grade classes are going to sponsor a child as well and I thought it would be great if our family sponsored a child.Corban seemed to take up with the idea immediately and ended up choosing Radha. After looking through the available countries in their database and at our world map, he decided upon India. He also wanted a 6 year old girl. He was scrolling through the 6 year old girls in India, came to Radha and said he wanted her. When Kristen asked him why, he shrugged and said, "I don't know" so she did not press him. He did not have a doubt though that Radha was who he wanted to help.
He seems pretty excited and I hope that we will be able to help Radha and her family have nourishing food and water and good health care and help them see the love of Jesus through us and give their lives over to him.
No comments:
Post a Comment