Saturday, December 31, 2005

Last Ride of 2005

I got in one more ride today to finish out the season with 2799 miles for the year. Actually, my season really ended back on October 24, 2005 and I'm starting my season anew today. Is anew really a word? Oh well.

I am in training for the Triple Bypass, a recreational ride I did two years ago and plan on doing it again this year. It is a one day, 120 mile ride that goes over three mountain passes and stops west of Vail. It was really enjoyable last time, and I am excited about doing it again. My ride today was only 33 miles and the last 3 were killer. I would pedal about 30 seconds, then coast to recover. I am supposed to be getting base miles in right now as the start of training, so I guess it should not matter how slow I ride. I don't like riding slow though ;-).

No comments: