Friday, November 07, 2008

Nothing Exciting to Report

I had both the MRI and lumbar cat scan this morning. Both procedures were relatively quick and easy. I did not have to have any "injection of contrast", drink water, or anything cool like that. I did get to wear earplugs during the MRI though. The MRI took about 30 minutes. During that time, I was prone, slid into a tube where I had to remain perfectly still while listening to a loud racket of buzzing, clacking, banging and vibrating. I was glad I had earplugs.

The cat scan was another prone procedure, but much shorter and quieter.

I left, went to work, and that's all I know. Hopefully the back-specialist doc will get the results soon, forget about the whole bone scrape thing and schedule an appointment for me to come see him. However, as much misinformation I've been given? read about? dreamed up during restless nights of back pain? the nurse practitioner probably said MRI and cat scan from the very beginning and I heard MRI, bone scape, and you'll have to drink a lot of water! Who knows. I'm just going with the flow.

No comments: