Saturday, November 15, 2008

The 720 Calorie Chug

The kids were all feeling a bit under the weather last week. On Thursday, I started feeling a cold coming on as well. In the past, I've noticed I get over colds more quickly if I will drink and entire soda, usually mixing it with orange juice. I have not employed that technique my last few colds, so I thought I'd try it again. While at work, I ran to Target buying 2 liter bottle of ginger ale and some vitamin C. I took the vitamin C and then mixed my ginger ale with half a glass of water, since I did not have orange juice. I drank all 720 calories worth of the ginger ale, along with 2 liters of water and by Friday morning my nose had stopped running, no scratchy throat, and I was feeling 95% better. I think I'll employ this technique for every cold!

3 comments:

Hoosier46 said...

Whatever it takes, huh! Rho, I never cease to be amazed (and chuckle) at you! Glad you are better.

Hoosier46 said...

Do you get paid for being in the rest room all day?

Groakin said...

I was amazed that I was not constantly running to the urinal!

Another observation was, while I finished the 4 liters by 5 PM, I was still making more frequent trips to the restroom the following morning! Ha.