I have never cooked so much food for Thanksgiving as I have this year. So far I have made three pecan pies, Orange You Glad It's Thanksgiving Soup (Rachel Ray recipe, obviously) which involved steaming fresh butternut squash and pureeing it, and tomorrow I'll be making a southwest vegetarian dish. I'm soaking beans for that dish right now. I wanted to swap the Mexican dish for a vegetarian dish that had fennel and brussel sprouts, but apparently Eastern TN doesn't carry those types of foods.
One might wonder (Mom) why I don't cook more when in TX? I'm really just kissing up to the in-laws, but they won't read this until after I'm gone, so that will be OK. Bonus points for me! Woot!
Sent via BlackBerry
3 comments:
Rho, I really appreciated your culinary efforts; your dishes were spectacular!! Thanks for cooking-- whatever your motivation might be. Actually I believe you have earned yourself a coveted spot in my holiday prep kitchen!! Which as you know can be a pretty exclusive club. Some desirous sous chefs fear to enter (perhaps work hard at not entering) the realm of Kuhl's Chaos. You have taken the right path most noble son-in-law and have passed the first level. You have now earned the right to rest on your laurels. Lana
We in Texas weren't as vegetarian this year but nobody complained. Guess we will have to depend on you in the future (maybe New Years!)for dishes that fit your culinary preferences. I am looking forward to it!
I never realized you were so witty, Lana. Maybe you should have your own blog as well?
Post a Comment