I finally finished planting our garden yesterday. We started the planting back on Mother's Day, but due to colder weather opted not to plant everything at that time. Now the soil has warmed up a bit, so I have been planting when I get the chance. We did not have a garden last year because we were trying to move and really missed it. This year we have a few new and exciting things planted. We still have the traditional zucchini and tomatoes, but we've also added patty-pan squash, green beans, strawberries and Morning Glory flowers. Karis really likes flowers, so the Morning Glories should be pretty exciting. We are also doing spinach, which we did 3 years ago, and we are trying carrots again. Last time we tried carrots none of them came up.
We don't really have a good place to plant. We just push rocks out of the way, till up the clay a bit and plant. It would be nice if we had some good soil, but this method is not very time consuming and his has worked out just fine. The Morning Glories and the zucchini are already coming up, so that is a good sign.
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
1 comment:
Bo would discourage your planting morning glories. I like them, but he HATES them. He says that they will take over. I planted them once and they were so pretty, but we were able to keep them under control, partially due to our dry hot climate, probably. Enjoy!
Post a Comment