"This morning, Rho dropped his crutches and took off walking. It was so exciting to watch. I know he had been wanting to walk for a long time. He can stand my himself without assistance, but just not willing to commit to those first steps. Well, this morning, he finally committed. He only took a few steps, but did not fall even once! He was so pleased with himself. You could just see it on his face. I am so proud of him! Even though it was only a few steps, I'm sure before long he'll be walking all over the house. What will we do with him then!"
--------
Yes, I took a few steps this morning. I was able to put full weight on my foot, but had to be very careful that it didn't wobble much. They were small, short steps, but it was encouraging. Now my foot is throbbing though, so I have ice on it and hope it won't swell too much. Hopefully I can force myself to stay off of it this week and it will be good enough I can go climbing this weekend. JUST KIDDING...unless, of course, it's better :).
I have permission to work from home all this week which will be nice not having to do that drive. I could get used to this!
Oh, and I got a haircut (just in case anyone reads my twitters...). Exciting, eh?
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment