Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Gullible One

Remember the leaking dishwasher? It is more than a leak. I turned it to check whether the leak got worse while it was running and water started dumping out around the pump. Sigh. I looked up the leaking piece and found the right piece to order. However, the only piece on the site that is no longer for sale is the piece I need. Argh. So, I have ordered an entire new pump for our dishwasher.

When I made the purchase, I was asking Kristen how long she could stand having the to go without a dishwasher so I could make the right choice on the shipping charges. Here was our conversation (she's going to hate me for this!):

Kristen: yes, that's fine.
but I thought it was a hose.
is the hose part of the motor?
me: two things are leaking
2:25 PM the hose drips all the time, so I need one of those too.
but the main leak is while it is running and that is from part no. 311
Kristen: oh, ok
2:26 PM me: for $8.75 which they don't sell any more
do you want the new piece here in 3 days = $8.47
2:27 PM 2 days = 15.92
or 1 day = 27.89
Kristen: 3 days is ok
but can we push the dishwasher back in until then?
me: as long as I do the dishes every day?
Kristen: right
2:28 PM me: The dishwasher can't go back in without that new piece.
It doesn't fit any more
Kristen: oh man, that stinks
me: LOL
Kristen: washing dishes is one thing....
dodging that monster machine is another
2:29 PM me: yeah, bizarre that after you slide it out and look at it it "gets too big" and won't go back in!
too weird
Kristen: yes, very weird
ok, see you later

That night, I bought a new hose, put the hose on, then slid the dishwasher back into the washer hole without even remembering our conversation. She noticed and, a little shocked said, "So, with that new hose you were able to get the dishwasher back in the hole?" I said, "Yeah. As weird as it seems, that one hose made the dishwasher shrink again and I could get it back in?!?!" She then realized she had been tricked all along. Then, I think she called me a dork :D.

No comments: