Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dishwasher Fixed

Remember how I had ordered a new pump for the magically expanding dishwasher with 3 day shipping? Well, it arrived on the third day, so on the fourth day I tried to install it. The installation went smoother than I had expected, partly because I always expect things to take 3 times longer than anticipated. I had the old pump off and the new pump on in two hours and everything was looking fine until I turned it on and water started gushing out, more than before I had fixed it! How can I possibly be the son of a fix-it man?!?!?

I was pretty frustrated and discouraged now, but I went back to the computer to do more research. The Internet sure is a life-saver! I could tell that the leak was coming above the motor, so I took off the new motor and started fighting with the Spray Arm Assembly (SAA). Long story short, I must have jarred the SAA loose (or it was already kinda loose), because I took it out, screwed it back in tightly, put back on the motor and there are NO MORE LEAKS!

Anyone else, not me, want to come fix my chandelier? Sigh.

2 comments:

Hoosier46 said...

What's wrong with your chandelier?

Love, Mom

Groakin said...

The part that holds the light bulbs has detached from the canopy. They are supposed to screw together. So, the light bulb section is dangling on the power cord. I can't get the two pieces screwed back together because the threads of the nut appear to be too far away from the bolt. I don't know how they were staying together in the past, but they must have just been barely attached.