Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

We had an excellent weekend. On Saturday, Corban, Karis and I met up with Jeremy and his son, Daniel, at Carter Lake for some bouldering. I got to my high point on Dough Boy. Hopefully I'll have a video of the footage up shortly. The kids had a good time there playing in the dirt, climbing, and snacking. Corban especially enjoyed his accelerated erosion work. Kristen occupied herself by shopping at Kohl's with Kaela. Unfortunately, Kaela was not very well behaved making Kristen's shopping experience frustrating.

On Sunday we had our CARE group. Karis wept uncontrollably when we took her downstairs to stay with the baby sitter. I had to take her outside and have a little talk with her. After that, she seemed to do okay.

On Monday, we went to the adventure park. Karis played a long time in the sand. Corban planned to skateboard in the skate park, but forgot his helmet. We ended up playing a long time on the tire swing. I would walk around in the middle of the swinging tire, ducking and dodging as needed to keep from getting hit. He thought that game was pretty funny. I was glad not to lose any teeth.

In the evening, we all went out for a short bouldering session at Flagstaff. Kristen demonstrated that having 3 kids has not slowed her down as she speedily made work of the beginning section of the Monkey Traverse. It was then off for hot cocoa and home to get the tired kids in bed.

No comments: