It was about mid morning on Saturday when Karis suggested we go fishing. That sounded like a good idea to Corban and me, so we packed a lunch and headed to the Kid's Fishing Pond in Boulder. It was raining on the way there, but stopped right after we got into the parking lot. Today was Corban's lucky fish day as he caught 6 trout! Karis only fished for about 20 minutes, but she still caught 2 trout. We have come to believe that fish bite well right after a rain. During the peak fish-catching time, the fish would bite within 5 seconds of the worm entering the water. It was really exciting!
After fishing, we headed up to Flagstaff to get in a little bouldering. My joints were hurting a little bit, so I opted not to try anything too difficult and went over to this long, pumpy traverse to work on building my stamina. My wrist is still a little tweaked and I think it is from that far right sloper around the arete on Dough Boy.
Kristen had a nice, relaxing day with Kaela. I think they went to the grocery store and Kaela took a nice long nap. Some day I'll be able to take Kaela with me as well.
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment