Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Trial is Over

Four days later and Kristen's trial is finally over. I stayed home today, so Mom and Dad were not alone taking care of the kids this time. We had hoped Kristen would get done before lunch so we could go out and do something like a hike, but she did not get home until 3:15 PM. Bummer.

That gave Dad and me time to try to get the sump pump working again. My father-in-law and I had concluded that there was a short in the plug located under the subfloor that needed to be replaced. Well, after a lot of confusion, changing of plugs, crossing of wires, etc. we finally determined that the short was in the sump pump and not in the electrical circuit. In the end, the sump pump is still not working and I will either have to get the plug on the sump pump replaced, get a new sump pump, or twice a year go into the hole in the floor and bail out the pit. Maybe I'll just make Corban bail :-).

No comments: