Climbing did it to me again! From my self-diagnosis, I have an MCL (Medial Collateral Ligament) injury. I was working on a new problem called Dough Boy on Saturday. It requires you to stick your left foot in the same pocket as your left hand, then pull with that toe as you reach for the next left hand about 3.5 feet up. As I was pulling with my toe I heard and felt a POP in my knee. It hurt, but not enough to come off or stop climbing. Every time I came down it ached though. On Sunday I peddled around the neighborhood to see if my knee effected my cycling, and "Oh, boy!" does it. My knee hurts through the entire revolution! Ack! Hopefully it will heal quickly.
You might be wondering why Dough Boy is a new problem? Last summer this entire face was underground. You heard me right, underground! Some time during the winter it fell over and is now standing on its end. You can see in the picture the ditch where the rock used to lay. Just phenomenal that the boulder would land so perfectly to climb on! comments
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment