Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rainy Saturday

We had a very rainy Friday, followed by a rainy Saturday. Because of the rain, we decided it would be a good day for a movie day. We also decided that we would go to the library to select our movies. And then we decided it would be fun to walk to the library in the rain. So, I doned my rain jacket and the kids their umbrellas and we headed out on our trek to the library while Kristen got ready for a stamping/scrapping convention thingy.

The rain hike was fun, but we got much wetter than I had anticipated. Since I did not have an umbrella, my pants were wet almost entirely from the line below my rain jacket. The kids were wet from the knees down, and Kaela was complaining about her toes hurting. I think her boots are too short.

After we selected our movies, we made a call to Kristen to come pick us up and save us the trip back home in the rain. She had just enough time to rescue us, then head out to meet her friend that the convention thingy.

I can't even remember the movie we watched. It must have been good. Oh, yes. It was The Shaggy Dog with Tim Allen and it was actually pretty good. I laughed out loud several times.

O


1 comment:

Hoosier46 said...

Walking in the rain is a special treat. Fills one with awe at our wonderful Provider.