Sunday, August 03, 2008

The Copper Triangle ride went well. I believe I said it was going to be 85 miles, but it was only 79. I am comfortable going that distance, but the climbing (5,981 ft.) made it more difficult. I rode with a couple friends who did not had time to train for the ride. We would ride the flats together, but as the climbs began we would split apart and regroup at the aid stations. This pattern happened before each of the five aid stations. I felt pretty strong on all the climbs, so that was fun. It's not fun when you are dying on your ride. I have not done much climbing this year, so it was fun to get in a good day with lots of climbing to see how the legs fair.

Here is a picture of my grinning face as I cross the finish line. The kids are currently shooting me with their squirt bottles. It felt good! Yes, that is a Bert and Ernie jersey, complete with matching socks. Click on the picture to enlarge.

3 comments:

Tuell said...

Cool Sesame Street jersey! Did you used to have a Cookie Monster jersey? What's with the theme? I like the picture too - it's a good picture of you. Plus, did you notice that if you enlarge the picture, the man in the background looks a lot like Dad? Spooky!

Groakin said...

I attend a "Friends and Family" event at Pearl Izumi every year. They sell cycling gear cheap, but it is either seconds, display items, or stuff they could not sell. A buddy convinced me to get the Bert and Ernie jersey then he found matching socks. This year, we noticed the Cookie Monster jersey, so I had to get that as well.

My buddy has an Oscar the Grouch jersey, but that must be too popular because I could not find one at the sale. We try not to do the matching jersey thing if at all possible!

Groakin said...

Kristen, with her masterful ability to frame a shot, barely got this picture as I was passing by. She was in the middle of taking a picture of the kids with their water bottles when they noticed me coming and started squirting me.