You will not believe what happened on my group lunch ride today!
We had not been riding too long, but had managed to get out into the country a bit. We were heading east along this road that took a small rise to a bridge, then we turn left directly after the bridge. I was as the front (because I'm so blazing fast), had made the turn and was starting to accelerate again when I heard the obvious sound of someone crashing. We all stopped, turned around and looked back to see the unfortunate crashee. I looked onto the bridge but could not see anyone who had crashed. Then, I see this guy swimming in the creek below the bridge WITH HIS BIKE!
The guy had hit a rut in the road on the bridge. Getting out of the rut caused him to swerve at the guardrail on the bridge. He hit the guardrail a little sideways as he was trying to unclip and his momentum rolled him and his bike right over the rail and into the creek! I don't think he had one single injury from his crash! Incredible! He was lucky that he hit the guardrail in between the beams that hold the guardrail, because they were sharp and jagged and would have cut him very badly. This is definitely the craziest thing I have ever seen. Nice way to cool off, I guess.
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
2 comments:
I hope the dunkee was on his knees after his freak mishap.
That is an awesome story! Fortunate for him that the creek had plenty of water in it. Unlike the creeks around here!
Post a Comment