Thursday, July 17, 2008

Corban, a child of God

Corban became a child of God last night. We all went to the church after my work where he confessed and was baptized. The girls were very giddy with excitement. Corban was excited as well, but masked it with his maturity, but you could tell he was pretty excited.

He has been asking lots of questions about baptism and giving his life over to God and how do I know when I'm ready. He's probably been asking and praying about if for a couple months or more. I am continually amazed at his maturity and how he rolls ideas around in his brain over and over trying to understand and learn. For instance, he was hoping and praying that God would give him some type of sign to let him know that he was ready for this commitment. One night, as I was putting him to bed he made the comment, "don't you think that me asking so many questions and thinking about this so much could be, like, my sign from God?"

After we returned home, we gave Corban an NIV study bible and a bookmark that Kristen had bought during the day. She does such a good job thinking about the little extra things that help make a moment special. I'm sure they will be something he will treasure for a long time. (He'll have to treasure the card we gave him because his Mom says he can't throw it away! :-)

3 comments:

Hoosier46 said...

Wonderful news! Thanks for the phone call last night.

lenna said...

I am really proud of you Corban! There are angles singing everwhere. Good luck with your walk with God.
I love you Corban.
Aunt Lenna

Tuell said...

Congratulations, Corban! This is great news!I am thrilled that you have made this awesome commitment to turn your life over to Jesus.

-Tuell