I may have broken my heel while bouldering at Rotary Park over lunch yesterday. I had both pads laid out and wouldn't you know I'd miss them both! Argh!
I went to an Urgent care place in Fort Collins and had xrays. There is a notch on the outside of my right heel bone, but they could not tell if the abnormality in my heel was a crack or just one of my many abnormalities. Imagine that?!?! A doctor that tells you exactly what you knew before you went in, only he gets paid to tell you that! I should have been a doctor. "What? Your leg hurts. Let me squeeze it a bit. Yep, it looks like you hurt it right here! I can tell cause you holler'd in pain when I squeezed there."
I should know more by the end of next week, especially if it is still hurting to put weight on it :).
The doc gave me crutches. Man, are they a pain! I can't tell you how long it took me this morning to get grape juice and make my oatmeal. This is the first time I was wishing for a SMALLER kitchen. I tried to stand in one spot and lean my way to everything. It didn't work ;).
I am having some fun though. Last night, I decided I'm going to try not to use my feet any more, just the crutches. That was fun until one of my wild movement to move the crutch and maintain balance caused me to kick my "broken" heel. That quickly put a stop to my new-found entertainment!
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment