Thursday, September 13, 2007

Another Wednesday, Another Group Ride

I survived the group ride! Someday, hopefully, I'll be more confident and I won't have to start every ride post that way.

I only made it half way on the ride this time. I did another rookie mistake. If you happen to find yourself out in front, make sure you know where the group is going to turn! I flew right by the turn and did not even realize it for another block. I looked back and the group was all turning, leaving me stranded. I turned around, sprinted back and was able to catch up with the group. Thankfully, they had slowed down quite a bit because they had been setting a pretty fast pace earlier. Unfortunately, right as I got caught back on I noticed my back tire had gone flat. That planted! I stopped, changed the flat, then headed back to the office to get in my car and drive home. I look forward to this ride all week, so it was a major bummer to get a flat. Oh well. At least I learned to make sure you know the route before blasting out in front :).

Until next week...

No comments: