Today is my first day at Intrado! The first hour was HR stuff, then my manager picked me up and showed me around the place. I'm still waiting for my laptop and I'm also supposed to get a new Linux box. All our development is on Linux and we also have a Windows laptop for email and other use. Everyone is issued a laptop which can be taken home and we can VPN to our Linux box from home so we can get even more work accomplished! See how "useful" a laptop is going to be?
I got a free lunch today too! Intrado has this "nifty" system where you scan your badge after getting food in the cafeteria and it comes directly out of your salary. That might be a little dangerous for me as they have Starbucks coffee in the morning! I double espresso every morning sounds so nice!
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment