We had a good Father's Day weekend at the Green household. I hope you had a good weekend too. The weekend started out Friday evening with a trip to Performance to get a new cassette for my geared bike. While we were there, we decided to eat at Big City burrito, the primo burrito eatery! They have a Big City burrito in Fort Collins and once we found that they opened a new one in Boulder we've been wanting to try it out. I've been jonesing (hip-with-the-kids term) for a burrito ever since my friend Jeremy rubbed it in my face that he got to eat there after a long bike ride and I got to eat cheetos. Argh! That's okay. He'll find his suffering at the Triple as he tries to keep up with me. Buuaah Ha Ha Ha!!!!
On with the story. Saturday morning rolled around, we rolled out of bed, rolled out some pancakes, then rolled ourselves into the van and rolled our van to a neighborhood garage sale. I found a wheel with stick through it I'll use for building my abdomen strength. Guess what? It rolls!
Karis and I played in the kiddy pool in the afternoon.
Rolling on to Sunday. On the way home from church we drove through an area that was really stinky. I was thinking, "Wow that stinks!" and Karis says, "Ugh! It smells like penguin!" and she was right! It smelled exactly like penguins! We looked for the penguins so we could take them back to the zoo but couldn't seem to locate them. They must have been hiding behind the icebergs.
Kristen made me lunch today, which is a treat because Sunday afternoons are usually fend. She also made a raspberry desert thingy that is really good. That was nice for my Father's day, but the excitement does not stop there! Oh no! Karis and I went to the rec center pool this afternoon and Dad's get in free! I love freebies!
We had a good time but hardly left the kiddy area. Karis found that she can touch the bottom all the way at the "deep" end (3'6"). This is pretty good for a girl who was scared to even get her crotch wet the first time we went to the pool. She has to hop on her toes and hold her chin up, but she seems to like the freedom of being "on her own."
Then, in the evening I went to get a router so I can connect my work laptop to the internet while at home and I got $20 off! Everyone loves Dads! However, this is where Father's day got sad. I could not get the router to work. This was after a work week of failures and problems and this was just about the last straw. I was so discouraged. After talking with customer support for a few minutes, Vimal concluded it was a bad router.
Today was better. I got stuff accomplished at work, overcame some of the issues I was having last week and I now have a working router! Yeah! Laptop party! Sound fun?
PS. I don't eat cheetos. That was a joke! I eat oreos.
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment