This morning, when I got to work, as always, I started to pour myself a cup of water from my Brita filtered water I leave sitting on my desk. As the water contents started to pour into my water bottle, I noticed a greenish tint to the water. I set down the Brita filter and took a closer look at the container. I then noticed green algae growing on the bottom of the container. My first thought was, "That was random!" (because that is what you say if you are trying to stay hip with the kids). My second thought was, I wonder how long that algae has been there. My third thought was, this is probably pretty healthy with lots of wonderful vitamins and minerals just like Barley Green, so I am currently enjoying myself a tall glass, er, water bottle, of vitamin and mineral rich
algae water. The taste is hard to describe, but is probably best comparable to pond water, without the fish smell though. If it tastes
this bad its gotta be good for you!
P.S. That was a joke about drinking the water. I did not do that. The thought of drinking the water did cross my mind though. I've always wondered when is the best time to change the filter in those filter containers. They should add "If you see algae in the bottom of your filter" to the "When To Change Your Filter" list.
No comments:
Post a Comment