Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Birthday Destroyer

Kristen is trying to destroy her birthday. First of all, she went snooping around in the closet, and found her birthday present. She claims that she wasn't snooping. She was simply pulling out suitcases and bags for out trip, but who does that five days before your trip. Come on! And I had her totally baffled about her gift too. I told her I had bought something that she used to own, but had thrown away. All she could think was, "Why did he buy me something that I disliked so much I threw it away!" Actually, it was an electric blanket that stopped working, so she had gotten rid of it and I was replacing it.

After finding the blanket, the snooping continued and she found her cards too (at the bottom of the ironing basket that has not been touched for 6 months!). Again, she claims she was not snooping and that she did not read the cards, but how can you trust her.

And just today, she offered to bake her own "cake" (brownies, as she requested) and take the privilege away from her family of spending some quality time together, working as a loving family toward a common goal, to bring pleasure to their precious mother. Of all the nerve!

We ended up celebrating her birthday tonight with flowers, the giving of the known gift and cards, then going out to eat at On The Border. After we got home, I baked the "cake" and the kids will decorate it with icing tomorrow. They should have fun doing that.

1 comment:

Hoosier46 said...

Funny story.

Love,
Mom