This has been my third week in succession working Gimp. Gimp is that boulder problem I tried a couple years ago and just when I was getting to my high point I twisted my ankle on a fall. This winter was supposed to be "my winter" to climb Gimp, but it was so snowy I could not get out to try it except for about once every two month.
During the last 3 weeks, I've worked Gimp 3 times. The first week was frustrating because I was not getting anywhere. The second week was much better because I got my good shoes back from the resole shop. And today was even better. I reached a new high point today and found out a little bit more about he last holds. The last right hand side-pull before the throw to the top has a thumb catch. This allows you to pinch the hold and pull vertical, somewhat. With the thumb catch, I was almost able to get both my feet up to some high foot scums (because you can't even really call them foot holds!). Once I get both feet up, hopefully I will be able to reach the top.
I've tried throwing for the top in the past from some lower, better, foot holds, but they are just too far away. Hopefully the higher foot scums will work. If it will just stay cool enough in the mornings and I can continue to try it once a week, I might be able to climb it this year. That would be exciting.
Gimp would certainly be the hardest thing I've climbed and might be the hardest thing I ever climb.
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment