Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I went on a shopping spree last week. Pearl Izumi, a company that sells cycling clothing, was having a friend's and family sale. Clothing was about 10% of the original price. I got a little caught up in the excitement and ended up getting 8 pairs of socks (2 were for the girls), 5 pairs of gloves (one was for Corban), two jackets, 2 jerseys, one shoe covers, 3 bibs shorts, and 2 long pants. All of this for only $140. I was checking online and one of the jersey's I bought sells new for $79 and one pair of pants for $99. It was SO much fun. I can't wait to go back next year!

Our group had 5 people in it, all assigned various tasks. My task was to get all the medium and XL pant/bibs I could find. My second objective was to grab various socks and gloves. The clothing was just tossed in cardboard boxes, so you had to root through it to find stuff. Once everyone had grabbed their assigned items, we met in a corner and sorted through the stuff. Stuff that did not fit or we did not like, we took back. I definitely made out this year. They had lots of stuff in my size, and some cool things too. My jersey is a Bert and Ernie jersey and I even found sesame street socks to match.

The kids were VERY excited about their items as well. I'm glad I found something each of them enjoyed. Corban was so happy with his gloves he wore them to bed that night!

No comments: