We've had a busy weekend. It started out with Corban's basketball game Saturday morning at 8 AM. We had to be their at 7:20 though because it was picture day. Kristen went to be on Friday evening feeling like she was getting sick, so I took Corban to the game.
Corban did a great job at the game. He got the ball several times during the game and attempted two shots. The entire team seemed to understand the game a little better too, so that was exciting to see.
After it was over he and I went in to my work. Our development group had a code freeze this weekend and there were still a few things that needed to get completed. I had added a task to my schedule on Thursday, so needed to get that completed wrapped up. I had most of it done, but felt compelled to show up to the "non-mandatory-by-highly-encouraged-work-weekend." Corban dribbled a basketball around in the building and played video games while I "worked" and made my presence known. We stayed until close to 1 PM, then headed home to get Karis and go swimming.
Swimming was eventful with Karis slipping and falling on the back of her head! I don't think she hit too hard because she did not get a bump and I could not see any red on her scalp, but the life guard staff strongly encouraged us to get an ice pack for her head.
I ended up bleeding in the pool from a scape on the back of my wrist I received from the bottom of the pool. I also hit my forehead on the bottom of the pool that resulted in another mark.
Kristen spent most of the day resting and feeling very unaccomplished so today she headed out to do it all. She ran to the store, Home Depot, yada yada yada. We are planning on painting the room one more time tonight. I sure home this will be the last coat. Corban and I did a little school and are now learning about sound waves.
Kaela is still doing good with her potty training and even went to church in her underwear. It looks like we might be done with day diapers and will only need them for naps and bed time now. That is SO exciting!
Well, I'm off to put Corban to bed then start the painting. The girls are excited about sleeping in our bed room tonight. We should put Corban in there and have a family sleep together. Oh, the excitement we have at our house!
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment