It might be hard to believe, but we just tackled our first home improvement project this past weekend. We decided to change the color of the girl's bedroom from a dark green to light pink. It was a long day of panting including the first layer of grey gripper pant, followed by two layers of the light pink paint. We worked pretty much non-stop for 12 hours. At the end of the long day, we were still not convinced that we were done. It looked like the top rim around the ceiling was still showing the grey gripper paint through the pink but we were too tired to continue.
On Sunday, we concluded that the walls did not need another layer and decided to pull off the blue taping. Much to our relief, the grey banner that ran around the ceiling was just a reflection of the blue tape on the wall and did not need another layer of paint. Whew! However, then we noticed that around both the ceiling and along the trim was a thin strip of green paint that remained from the sloppy application from the previous owners. So, now we have these nice, pretty pink walls with a thin trim of green circling the out edge of the ceiling and trim. Ugh.
I found some trim paint in the basement, so we will be able to do the touch-up work on the trim pretty easily, but we don't have any ceiling paint. I guess that will involve another trip to Home Depot for a small can of paint to do the touch-up work around the ceiling. It should be nice when we are done though.
You know, the green strip isn't bothering me as much as it was earlier. In fact, I think I might actually like it. I don't think I'll be able to convince Kristen though ;).
Spring break, British style
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment