Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Too Tired

One day last week at the kid's bedtime, Kristen was tired and was trying to get Karis to let me to put her to bed. You have to understand that Karis has a hard time letting anyone but her Mommy put her to bed. She will opt to go to bed at 6:30 over staying up later and letting me put her to bed. When I put her to bed, maybe I should not scream, "STAY IN BED OR THE BOOGIE MONSTER WILL EAT YOU!!"

We were both tired, I was laying on the floor, Kristen on the couch, so we said, "Corban, Karis, just put yourself to sleep tonight." Well, this excited Corban because he has always wanted to go to sleep on the couch in the living room, so he grabbed a blanket, turned off the lights and laid down. Karis was supposed to lay down on the other couch next to Kristen. Before she lay down, she walked over to Corban and said, "Corban, when you fall off of the couch, can I sleep here?" Corban responds matter-of-factly, "Sure!" and Kristen and I just started laughing as well as Corban. I don't think Karis really understood what was so funny, but she started laughing as well.

Unfortunately, it did not work out that they successfully put themselves to bed. As I was almost asleep we hear the sliding glass door opening. Karis was heading outside to do who knows what. Corban was pretty disappointed he did not get to sleep in the living room. Maybe some other time he can do it, and we'll make sure to lay a bed of pillows below him for when he "falls off the couch".

No comments: