Friday, October 10, 2008

Video Battle

It's like a video posting battle between Groakin and the Greens. How can I possibly compete with Melaina though! 

Groakin and the Greens? Sounds like a good book title, or an entree. Speaking of meals, I'm thinking of changing my name to Schlumeel. Cool, huh? No longer shall I be refered to as Groakin the Cave Dweller! I will now be Schlumeel the Banana Peel!

Anyway, for several weeks now I'm trying trying this problem called Liza's Lockoff. The problem has this horizontal rail up this overhanging rock. The rail stops and then there are no holds except for this really bad edge at the lip. The last time I went out, I took my video camera. Here are some of my failed attempts. Enjoy.

I'm not for how google picks the default video frame to display, but it picked a pretty good one this time.

4 comments:

Hoosier46 said...

I thought you were going to make it. You will sometime!

Sharla said...

I am in total awe of your strength!!!

Tuell said...

Wouldn't it be easier to climb onto the ridge and just walk up?
Just kidding - thanks for sharing the video. I guess it's our turn now!

Groakin said...

Actually, before climbing, I go around to the back-side of the boulder where I can easily get onto the top. I walk around on the top, cleaning off any debris (why is that word so hard to spell!). Then head around to the other side to try to get to the top from that way.

Bouldering... it's a strange sport!