Sunday, December 16, 2007

Slapher

A couple weeks ago, Corban was about to take a shower pretty late in the evening. Because I wanted him to hurry I told him, "If you piddle around, I'm going to slap your Mom," who was sitting beside me wrapping presents. Corban stood, looking at me a little aghast instead of getting in the shower, so Kristen said, "He's piddling!" Corban immediately went around the corner to get in the shower. As he did that, I reached over toward Kristen and slapped my hand. Kristen immediately responded appropriately and hollered out in pain. Poor Corban came around the corner all upset and crying and yelling, "I wasn't piddling!" uncertain if he should scream at me more or kick me! Kristen started laughing (mean Mom!) so I "slapped" her again. Corban started to understand what was happening and started calming down. However, I "slapped" Kristen again after he went back around the corner and he peeked his head back to check on Mom, just to make sure she was okay.

The day after, I pulled the same stunt on Karis. She in the playroom while Kristen and I were in the kitchen. When I slapped her Mom, she kinda walked/peeked around the corner in wonder and concern. Corban messed it all up by stating, "He's not really doing it!" so Karis did not get to enjoy the same discomfort he did.

"Fathers, do not exasperate your children."

No comments: