Friday, August 31, 2007

Showing

I left the house for the showing and am currently at the coffee shop.
At first I was going to stay home in the basement, but I was not
feeling very comfortable about that.

Kristen is over at her friend's house watching all the kids. Hopefully
it will be easy with several kids napping. I don't think Kaela will
nap over there though.

Speaking of Kaela, her birthday is coming up pretty quickly and we
don't have and good ideas for cakes yet. Anyone have any thoughts?
Mom? Cause you are the only one who reads this anyway :). She likes
purple and princesses and Polly Pockets. We did a princess cake last
year. Maybe a purple bear. She has one of those actually.

2 comments:

Hoosier46 said...

Have you done a princess cake? Sharla did one last year, but it was pretty time-consuming. She had a cake pan that made the big dome-shaped gown and stuck a Polly Pocket in the top for the head and torso. It turned out real well. She used the decorator icing to make flower blobs all around the skirt. You could do a purple skirt. Sharla also had smaller dome-shaped cake pans and did a princess "court" with smaller Polly Pockets, but you wouldn't have to do that.
How does that sound.

Hope the showing went well!!!
Love, Mom

Groakin said...

We did a princess cake for Kaela last year. We were thinking some kind of Polly Pocket cake, but not something like the princess cake.

I guess the house showing went fine. We never hear anything back unless they want another showing or are interested.