Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Door Opened!

The garage door opened for the first time in about 6 months all by itself this morning. It was so exciting! If you remember, our door gets stuck when the temperature decreases. Well, this morning, for the first morning in many mornings, it was above freezing. Yes! It was 39 degrees. After watching the door stop every morning about 3 inches off the ground, you expect that it will never work right again. I figured I'd just wait until it warmed up and Dad got here and we could look at it then. But now it is working again. I don't blame the door though. I tend to get a little cranky too when I am left out in the cold.

It was even warm enough that I went for a lunch ride today. I was planning on riding yesterday as well, but I could not get my bike out of the shed! I had been leaving my bike in the shed at work so I could have it handy for lunch rides. Well, with all this snow there was a layer of ice in front of the door that prevented it from opening. I spend yesterday and today dumping salt on the ice to try to thaw it out. I eventually grabbed a metal snow shovel that was close by and started chopping at the snow. I can only imagine what it looked like to see a man dressed in church clothes hacking away at the ground with mad determination.

No comments: