Karis learned to ride a bike tonight. It's neat to see how fast they pick it up once they start to overcome the fear of crashing and feel the balance of the bike. She has practiced a few times which never lasted for more than 5 minutes. However, the last time she tried she had ridden by herself about 15 ft. When we practiced tonight, she was able to ride the "entire" length of our sidewalk. She almost quit part-way through, but Kristen came home from exercise class and that motivated her again. At one point she said, "I'm trying to get away from you!" as I was jogging behind her, so I slowed down and eventually just stopped. She just kept riding up and down the sidewalk entirely by herself including stopping and starting. She was pretty thrilled about it and plans to ride tomorrow by herself. We'll see if her confidence remains for tomorrow.
4 comments:
Way to go Karis!!! I will LOVE to see you riding in a few days.
Granddaddy
Congratulations, Karis! I am proud of you - how FUN!
You did it!!! I knew you could do it!! Please be very careful and watch for cars backing out. Remember you can see the car but the driver cannot always see you. I love you, Karis. Nan
Yea Karis! That is wonderful. When you come to grandma for Thanksgiving you and Jade can ride bikes together.
Aunt Lenna
Post a Comment